HelpDesk 3 - Version 4.0
About JAKWEB 15.12.2021 727
HelpDesk 3 - Version 4.0 our last major update for 2021 is now available!
This is a big step forwward for HelpDesk 3, new payment gateways implemented with subscriptions possibility and fully compatible with PHP 8.1. But it doesn't stop their, we have also implemented our new live chat technology with the brand new design already available on our other products.
HelpDesk 3 - Version 4.0
Available right now for you and we are proud that we have created something special again!
Get ready for another big step forward in providing professional support for your clients.
- New era for HelpDesk 3
- New Payment Gateways
- Payment Subscriptions
- New technology for the live support chat
- Extrem fast and easy to use
- Brand new front end chat support template
- Fully compatible with desktop and mobile
- New Live Chat Buttons
- New Live Chat Widget Settings
- Customers can reopen a chat conversation
- Show chat only to your members (any site)
- No more cross browser issues
- No more whitelisting hazle
- Shortname for standard responses
- Inform customer on transfer
- Improved RTL Support
- Improved RTL Font
- Block IP Address directly from Chat
- PHP 8.1 Ready
- All libraries updated
- Manual for Operator Panel
- Manual for Live Chat Widget
- Manual for how to create your own Live Chat Widget
- All known and reported bugs fixed
The list is long and a lot of work is behind it, the upgrade to 4.0 is free for all current customers. Yeahhhh.
With such a complete make over it is necessary to install the update manually and have a complete backup from your database and files. The upgrade guide is also available in the download package.
- Backup your database
- Backup your files
- Unpack the brand new HelpDesk 3 - Version 4.0
- Open your FTP Program (do not use cPanel or any other control panel for uploading the files)
- Browse to the directory you have installed Live Chat 3
- Delete all files and folders from HD3 on your server except (cache and files)
- Upload the folders and files on your server with the content of the 4.0_complete folder
- Wait until everything has been uploaded correctly
- Now open the old include/db.php (from your backup)
- Rename the include/db.new.php into include/db.php on your server
- Also open the new include/db.php from your server
- Copy the database connection, Password Hash, Full Site Domain, SSL and Rewrite feature into the new db.php file
- Make sure to setup the rest of the new db.php as described in the file itself
- Open your browser and visiting following URL: https://www.yourdomain.com/helpdesk3/install/update.php (yourdomain and helpdesk3 is something you will need to change)
- Follow the on screen guide, that will update the database!
- After you receive a success message you need to delete the complete install directory on the server
- Finally login with your credentials and check that everything is working!
- Checkout the manuals which are now available and included in this package.
In case you struggle with the upgrade we do offer an upgrade service, it can be purchased in our shop.
Please login with your account and head to our support area. Make sure your support access is not expired.
Not a customer yet? Get your own professional Support - Helpdesk 3 license once and use it for life.
We would like to thank you once again for the great feedback and enjoy the latest release for the most complete support solution available.